User menu

Clinton Junior College

1029 Crawford Rd.
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Phone:
(803) 327-7402

Founded in 1894 by the Reverend Dr. Nero Crockett and the Reverend W.M. Robinson, it was named for the presiding Bishop of the South Carolina Conference of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion (AMEZ) Church at that time, Caleb Isom Clinton. Clinton Institute, as it was originally called, served as a boarding high school and provided a very high quality education to hundreds of newly freed black citizens. The name was later changed to Clinton Normal and Industrial Institute and the school was authorized to grant state teachers certificates. Today, Clinton Junior College is focused on providing a quality liberal arts education and retains close ties to the African Methodist Episcopal Zion (AMEZ) Church.